Thursday 5 December 2013

The Now Obligatory Food Review Post

Food blogs are pretty popular right now (I have no evidence of this), so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.

I had a chil(l)i con carne yesterday for the first time in over a decade. I enjoyed it a lot. It was a part of Uncle Ben's microwavable food range. I've not kept the cardboard outer packaging, so I can't comment on the ingredients; there was definitely rice, almost certainly some chilies, maybe some cocoa, some of those big, dark red beans and a brown coloured sauce.

I can't really compare the taste to that of other chili con carnes as, like I've already stated, it's the first one I've had in years. The rice was slightly drier than I'd have liked, but that may have been my own fault for cooking them for too long in the microwave.

The meal went down great with a bag of cheese and onion discos and a mug of tea, which is probably the way it is meant to be eaten by whichever culture or civilisation invented the dish. A triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment