Friday 22 June 2012

Pulp: "His 'n' Hers"

Artist: Pulp
Album: His 'n' Hers

Released: 1994


I've listened to this album probably more than any other I've ever owned; I can even remember going uptown to buy it on my 16th birthday as a treat to myself. I listened to it so much that when Pulp's next album, 'Different Class', came out little over a year later, I didn't bother getting it for quite a while because I was still listening to this so much. It was seriously the soundtrack to my life for about two years.

There isn't really anything I can say about Pulp (on a blog!) that you probably don't already know; all I would say is that this is the definitive Pulp album (much better than 'Different Class', don't listen to anyone who says otherwise), and probably the best British album of the 1990s.

If you've not heard this (or any Pulp) album, here are (some of) the themes explored:

Joyriding, vandalism, women, lipgloss, cigarettes, sex, dreams, sex, listening to people have sex, hiding in wardrobes watching people have sex, sex, love, virginity, sex, a pink glove fetish, leather, jealousy, lingerie, love, summertime, friendship.

This might not be the best album you ever hear, but it will surely be one of the ones you love the most. Go and buy it now, if you don't already have it.

Best Song: Do You Remember The First Time?

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment