Sunday 2 September 2012

3DS XL

Even though I'm a Nintendo lover, I didn't buy the 3DS when it was released, choosing to instead wait for the first update, which happened a month or so ago with the release of the 3DS XL, which I bought.
 
I have to say that I absolutely love it. I'm glad that I waited, there's now a good range of available games (something there wasn't at release), and the upgrades have made it a better system; the bigger screens, better battery life and increased memory (via SD card) all combine to make this much better than the original version.
 
 
I have no interest in watching films at the cinema in 3D while wearing silly glasses, but the 3D here is very impressive on some games, especially Pilotwings Resort and Super Mario 3D Land; playing these games in 2D just isn't the same. Also, the graphics just look better in 3D.
 
Other than games, there is a ton of other features; the three cameras allow for taking pictures or filming, there is a built-in web browser, and the eShop features a ton of new and retro games, as well as downloadable demos, apps and videos.
 
Overall, the 3DS XL is pretty awesome. As more games and other features are released it's only going to get better as well. And with its USP of having two screens and 3D, things no other system (PSVita) or smartphones have, it's easy to see why it's now selling so well (after a slow start), especially in Japan where it's currently dominating the games market.

No comments:

Post a Comment