Saturday 26 October 2013

Saturday Morning Film Club

I started my own film club that meets on Saturday mornings. I'm the only member so far and new members are not really welcome, though exceptions my be made for pretty women if the membership agrees to it.

The club convenes at around 10:15. This is because I get up at 10:00 then need time to use the bathroom, feed the dog, make a cup of tea then check out the football transfer gossip on BBC teletext before the showing can commence.

The first film shown at the club was 'Prometheus', a few months ago. The showing was such a success, with 100% attendance from members, that it lead to the formation of the club we all know and love today. There was a slight intermission about 75 minutes into 'Prometheus' for refreshments but that didn't ruin anyone's enjoyment of the film.


Subsequent films have included works of high art such as 'Footloose' (the original version), 'The Cabin In The Woods' and 'A Scanner Darkly'. 'House At The End Of The Street' and 'The Hunger Games' were shown on successive weeks during what's now become known as "Jennifer Lawrence Season".

The films are selected mainly by what's in the big pile of unwatched DVDs I have on top of the bookcase in the north-west of my bedroom. You know the one.

Today's film is 'The Runaways', which I'm watching right now. It's half decent. Next week's film has yet to be decided, though a brief count lists about 18 possible choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment