Tuesday 6 December 2011

George Pringle: "Salon des Refusés"

Artist: George Pringle
Album: Salon des Refusés

Released: 2009


Have you ever wanted to hear an album that features a young, fairly posh English woman (with a man's name) talking? And not just talking, but talking over simple, repetitive electronic music created on a computer? Featuring lines such as "isn't Buenos Aires fabulous"? An album that's only available as a download, not even released on CD? Of course you haven't, that sounds like it would be terrible!

I used to think like that, I really did. It seemed like the sensible thing to do. But then I heard George Pringle's album! This is a work of insane genius, the most improbably brilliant album of recent times. I don't know how it worked, but it did.

Random Lyrics:
"You don't have to work at HMV, when you write so beautifully"
"I've got no friends, but I speak French"

Best Song: Bonjour Tristesse

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment