Tuesday 7 May 2013

Mining For Lava (Or: Dodgy Health And Safety Inspections)

On the subject of Star Wars, 'Episode III: Revenge of the Sith' to be precise, the film's climactic battle takes place on some sort of lava planet. Now, I don't have a problem with there being a lava planet, what I don't understand is why there appears to be mining taking place there. More specifically, mining for lava. Or how such a place could possibly pass any health and safety inspections.


What possible purpose can lava have? Taken away it will cool into rocks. Also, if robots/metal can be created that can withstand lava, then why can't robots be created that can withstand shots from laser guns or hits from lightsabers? If I was cynical I would suggest that George Lucas just wanted somewhere dramatic for the fight between Obi-Wan Kenobi and that Darth Vader kid who can't act, I forget his name, to take place and didn't put that much thought into it. However, I am not cynical and wouldn't dare suggest such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment