Saturday 17 August 2013

Premier League Predictions

The new football season starts today. Here are my traditionally terrible predictions.

1. Man City
2. Chelsea
3. Man Utd
4. Arsenal
5. Tottenham
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. West Ham
10. Southampton
11. Fulham
12. Aston Villa
13. Sunderland
14. Norwich City
15. West Brom
16. Stoke City
17. Hull City
18. Cardiff City
19. Newcastle Utd
20. Crystal Palace

FA Cup: Chelsea

League Cup: Chelsea

Champions League: Barcelona

I've gone for Citeh to win as I think they have the strongest squad, although obviously I don't want them to win. As a United fan, I'd just about be happy with third in Moyes's first season in charge, assuming we don't bring in any big names before the end of the transfer window (like Fabregas or Ozil). I still think Arsenal will get their annual fourth place, despite Spurs strengthening over the summer, and I can't see Liverpool doing anything special owing to the terrible collection of defenders they have.

Controversially, I have gone for Newcastle to get relegated. They ended last season really badly, and I predict that to continue, followed by Pardew to get sacked, then Joe Kinnear to get put back in charge. That won't end well. As much as I like Ian Holloway, they have a very weak squad, and I can't see Cardiff doing anything either.

Given Mourinho's record in the past, I can see him going all out in the cups, which is why I think Chelsea will win both, and I think Barcelona will come back strong in the Champions League this year with the signing of Neymar.

No comments:

Post a Comment