Sunday 1 December 2013

Highlight Of The Week

My highlight of this past week was definitely seeing a drunk guy get arrested on the bus.

It's not the first time I've ever seen police officers get on a bus I've been on (that's another story for another time) but was the briefest.

It started when some drunk guy (whom I shall call Frank Sinatra) got on the bus and loudly asked the driver if he'd let him on for free as he'd lost his wallet. After some badgering, the driver let him on, for which the drunk guy thanked him loudly and repeatedly as the bus pulled away.

A couple of minutes later, the bus pulled over at a stop at which no-one was waiting. The bus waited for a few minutes until a police car arrived. The driver had obviously called it in, rather sneakily.

Two police officers got on the bus and arrested Frank Sinatra. He put up a struggle for a few seconds then accepted his fate. He was arrested for criminal damage, something he must have done (if he did - innocent until proven guilty and all that) before he got on the bus. He didn't say anything to the driver who had turned him in as he was marched off.

The bus pulled away and no-one on the fairly full bus said anything. I don't know what happened to Frank Sinatra and I won't be following the local court news to find out. In my imagination, he'll break out of the police station and go on the rampage around Stoke, killing thousands of innocent civilians. I'll be able to tell my story on the inevitable documentary that will be on Channel Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment