Sunday 8 December 2013

Adventure Time

The big adventure of my week was my trip to Tesco in Hanley, a magical place filled with wonder and excitement. And tinned foods.

Lost in a myriad of aisles, like pews in a church of capitalism, I ventured forth, purchasing foodstuffs and snacks. Which you probably can't do in a church, though I may be wrong, and often am. I wasn't ready to go into the clothing section or opticians and don't know if I ever will be. That was a step too far.

The temple of doom

Some people seemed to find it hard to grasp the concept of a "baskets only" checkout. In front of me in that queue were two different women with fairly full trollies, certainly containing more than you can fit into a basket. The checkout woman still served them. I don't know why. I would have let them get to the counter then told them to go a checkout that takes trollies.

The woman directly in front of me in the queue purchased four items: vodka, wine, paracetamol, ibuprofen. Now there's a woman who knows what she wants.

I paid for my items in cash. As I left the store, rays of sun hit me, waking me to the reality of the real world. I went back to work, my adventure now just a memory to use when I'm short on ideas for blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment