Saturday 4 January 2014

New Year's Resolution

You literally can't move right now for people making New Year's resolutions. Literally. And as we all know, everyone will stick to those resolutions.

My own resolution was going to be to live a more interesting life this year, but I know that won't happen. Instead, I am going to steal other people's anecdotes and life stories to make my life seem more interesting.

Yeah, this is morally wrong, probably, and dishonest, but it's a lot easier than actually doing anything. And I'm nothing if not consistently lazy. I know my strengths.


I will have to take care not to tell people their own anecdotes, that's probably the main danger of my resolution, especially if they are those people's "classic" anecdotes, like my friend and the time he stood next to Andy/Andrew Cole at a nightclub toilet or my uncle who saw a former cast member from Coronation Street drunk and shouting abuse at people in Stoke city centre (she was doing panto in Stoke at the time).

With this resolution and an army anecdotes at my disposal, I shall surely become the most interesting, and sexy, person anyone in my life will know. No bad can possibly come from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment