Tuesday 12 August 2014

PS3: Still To Play

Since I wrote the original list, I've started Borderlands, Dead Space 3 and South Park: The Stick of Truth. Borderlands seems like a slightly worse version of Borderlands 2 (the controls are a bit worse, and the Siren's special ability is not as good). Dead Space 3 seems pretty good, very similar to Resident Evil Revelations, which is no bad thing. South Park has started off just as much fun as I thought, though the combat system seems very simplistic, very similar to the Mario & Luigi RPG games, but even easier. Might get a bit annoying after a while. Ni no Kuni I will play after I finish South Park.

I've since got the game Fez as well on PS Plus, though I don't know when I'll get around to playing that or Limbo. I've barely started Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze on Wii U, and that will be the next platformer I play.

Far Cry 3 and Metro: Last Light I honestly don't know if I will ever play; a Metro Redux compilation is coming to PS4 and Xbox One, and Far Cry 4 is also coming soon to those consoles too. I might wait until I get a PS4 or Xbox One to pick them up then. Also XCOM: Enemy Unkown I only downloaded because it was on PS Plus, I'm not really that interested in it.

For the future there is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, which hopefully will be more like the second one (which I'm sure it will be), Destiny, which is also coming to just about every other platform (except Wii U, d'oh!) so I don't know if I'll bother now, a new Assassin's Creed game which I'll probably get mainly for the multiplayer (the campaign sounds like it'll be a cross between the last two games, and I'm a bit sick of the boat sections, there was too many in the last game)... and not much else. The new Call of Duty looks like they've just copied some of the mechanics from the Crysis games, but I'll get it on Wii U if anything (though it's not been confirmed for Wii U... yet) and there'll probably be more Battlefield etc too but nothing to get too excited about. I think next year is when I upgrade, to find a second console to back up my Wii U.

No comments:

Post a Comment