Thursday 9 February 2012

Lana Del Rey: "Born to Die"

Artist: Lana Del Ray
Album: Born to Die

Released: 2012


"Here's your half of the money," I said, pushing the cash over the table.

"I've got a better idea," said the Femme Fatale, pointing a gun at my head. "How about I take it all?"

I should have known. Why did I trust a woman who insisted on being called 'Femme Fatale'?

I bagged up the money and watched as the Femme Fatale took it and got into my car. She flipped me off as she drove away.

It hadn't all been bad. There had been a lot of sex, drugs and drinking before she betrayed me. This was part of her plan, of course, but I look back on that time with fondness all the same.

It only took a day for the Police to find me. "You've got the wrong man," I protested, "She put me up to it," I said, but my heart wasn't really in it. I took what the judge gave me and I'll be out soon.

I don't know what happened to the Femme Fatale. I heard she went down to Mexico, but I can't say for sure. The way she spends money, I can't imagine what we got will last her that long. That said, there's plenty of men foolish enough to get taken for a ride by a temptress like her, as I can testify to.

Would I do it again? Maybe. It was fun while it lasted, but things will have to be different next time. Knowing the outcome before you begin tends to take some of the fun out of what you are doing.

Best Song: Video Games

Rating: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment