Wednesday 13 November 2013

The Day We Caught The Bus

I missed the bus to work this morning. There was another one like twenty minutes later so it wasn't a big deal.

As I had fifteen minutes or so to kill, I went for a walk around the town centre. It was eerily quiet at 8am, barely a soul around, like something from '28 Days Later'. But in a small market town rather than London.

Leek, this morning

The only shop I saw open was a butchers. This only added to the spooky atmosphere. Why does a butcher need to open up at 8am? And if there were zombies, this would surely attract them.

I quickly retreated to the safety of the bus station, and took my place next to the pregnant woman smoking a cigarette and the guy who looked like a pervert and/or serial killer. This is my town and these are my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment